[Samba] Samba for z/OS 1.10

Jim McDonough jmcd at samba.org
Mon Nov 15 16:13:45 MST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 02:54:48PM +0100, martin.holm at helvetia.ch wrote:
>> is there any samba version available for download,
>> which runs on IBM MVS, i.e. IBM z/OS 1.10 ...?
>
> There used to be somthing that claimed to run on MVS ages
> (and I mean AGES, my rough guess would be 10 years) ago.
Yep, right around 10 years ago. IIRC it was possible to build on
OpenEdition MVS.  That was the last time I touched it.  IBM used to
have an SMB server in zOS, though, so it wasn't a real priority.  I
have no idea if that is still available.

--
Jim McDonough
Samba Team