[Samba] SAMBA accessible with hostname only on local subnet

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 04:44:03 MST 2010

Other items to check are,
1. can you ping by hostname
2. can you ping by ip
	a. if you cannot by hostname then you have a DNS issue,

3. What type of firewall is between? Check the configuration..
4. Check the firewall configuration on your samba server. (fedora has
most items blocked by default (including samba)(ubuntu I dont' even has
firewall enabled.)

What OS's are involved..