[Samba] getting error with setfacl

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Wed Nov 3 19:24:34 MDT 2010

> Ok, we're on the right track now. Do you mean that smbcacls is
> compatible with the use of the vfs_acl_xattr module? Will the ACLs set
> with that tool be passed to the module and stored in Extended Attributes?

I just made some quick tests and indeed smbcacls does show the ACLs
stored by the vfs module. I suppose the problem here was the lack of
documentation. There's always this gap between programmers and end users...

Still, I think that both pdbedit and smbcacls need some attention from
developers.

Thank you for your answers and your work in general. I applied the "ACL
jumbo patch" to Samba 3.5.6 and will be testing the coming days.