[Samba] getting error with setfacl

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Wed Nov 3 18:23:12 MDT 2010

> Not sure what you mean by "providing them to the OS" ? The store
> in acl_xattr is a Samba-specific one. If you want the OS to use
> them that means kernel changes.

Yes. A kernel module maybe, and a utility to manipulate the ACLs on xattr.
I really like your vfs_acl_xattr idea. Often I need to set ACLs on the
server side for Windows clients, for example when connected to the
servers via a SSH shell. I have been doing this with the Linux ACLs
together with getfacl/setfacl. I would like to increasingly use the vfs
module from now on, but then I can only set the ACLs from Windows, and I
dislike the idea.