[Samba] Public no-password share with "security = domain", is it possible ?

Ronal Andadinata ronal at e-online.co.id
Tue Nov 2 23:12:11 MDT 2010

  Hi,

I have one samba act as PDC controlling a domain and another one act as
a Fileserver joined to that domain.
Now i need to create a public share that doesn't need user/password. Is
that possible ? I tried the following on the Fileserver but didnt work :

[public]
path=/share/public
public=yes
read only=no

The directory is already in 777 mode. When i try to connect to them from
a Windows box that's not it keeps asking me username/password.
If enter a domain username/password, it works, but that's not not what i
wanted :(

Thanks.