[Samba] WG: CTDB and PDC Role

Tue Nov 2 04:43:46 MDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 11:21:46AM +0100, Daniel Müller wrote:
> In do on my pdc!! but all howtos say: it must be the same wins(IP!?).
> I have the smbd4wins running on my pdc. Installed on my bdc but not started
> at all.

Well, that then misses the point of samba4wins. If you do
not need to run multiple wins servers simultaneously, I
would highly recommend to just use the Samba3 nmbd with
"wins support = yes", that setup is far simpler. At failover
time you could just transfer the wins.dat file to the other
host (by whatever means), and start nmbd there.

Volker