[Samba] RE : RE : Example of command ". / Setup / provision"

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Thu May 20 01:08:43 MDT 2010

2010/5/19 Viatte Frédéric <Frederic.Viatte at rpn.ch>:
> I can not test now, I'll try tomorrow. you're sure if we put --
> domain=DOMAINE (without ".CH") his walk? because I try and it seems to

The --domain option refers to a Windows NT-style domain name and not a
DNS domain.  So it must not have a "." in it.

> me that I could not join a domain.

There must have been some other reason that you could not join the
domain with "--domain=DOMAINE".

 for # include, I put in the
> "option" just below "include.... / forwarders"! for the area in domaine.ch
>  ". / private" I confirm you tomorrow! thank you

The #include of the .../private/named.conf must not be inside option
{...}.  That is why it was complaining about "zone".

But if you have both the "zone domain.ch ..." and "#include
.../private/named.conf" in the /etc/named.conf then they will probably
conflict with each other.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>