[Samba] Failing to join NT 4.0 Server to a Samba 3.4.0 Domain

Jochen Eggemann Jochen.Eggemann at nw-fva.de
Tue Mar 16 08:09:36 MDT 2010

HI,

we had a server crash and luckily no backup. So our samba domain is
gone, so I had to set up a new server with a new domain. Except for one
NT 4.0 Server all XP clients where able to join this new domain.

When trying to put NT4 into the domain I get following error:
make_connection: refusing to connect with no session setup. What changes
in samba could be the reason for this message? This NT Server had no
problem joining the former domain.

Jochen