[Samba] Second user password.

Zoolook nbensa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 06:08:55 MDT 2010

2010/3/19 Vincent Zakofski <vlamsdoem at gmail.com>:

> In this way the sysadmin can avoid to ask password A of the user if he must
> work in his environment.

Hm, don't do that unless you have your user's written permission.
Depending on where you live, you could get into legal trouble.

We ask the password to our users and after we did whatever we wanted
to do on the account, we simply ask them to change the password so
they know we won't mess with their information.

Anyway, if really really really really really really really  want to
mess with users' info without they knowing, you could setup LDAP to
store clear-text passwords, and configure samba to sync unix
passwords. Then simple read userpassword attribute from ldap.

HTH,
Norberto