[Samba] Time stamps

Gary Wardell gwardell at gwsystemsdns.net
Mon Mar 8 11:43:30 MST 2010

Hi,

My guess is that it's your setup.

I just checked some files on my systems (openSUSE 11.1, SAMBA 3.2.7; and Windows 2000 with Active Directory) and the dates and
times match.

Check that all systems are using the same time source and that all systems are set to the same time offset (time zone) and that
the windows system has had any needed time zone patches applied (there were some issued for Windows 2000 and XP, not sure about
Vista and 7; the Windows 2000 one had to be manually applied, although I found a third party utility online that would do the
trick.)  the time offset/zone setting is important, not just the time displayed on the clock, as time calculations are based on
the offset.

Gary