[Samba] Samba3 to samba4 migration

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 15:10:04 MDT 2010

On 29/06/2010 19:14, Luciano Andre Baramarchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing samba 4 in my organization. I have a samba3 domain with LDAP backend. I'm trying migrate workstations and users
> from old samba to samba4. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luciano
> luciano at multitasknet.com.br

Hi,
We are in the same situation with large user/group/machine set needed to
be ported to the new s4 world. The only solution i can see at the moment
would be to dump the contents of the appropriate LDAP sections (it being
users/group/machines/etc) into ldif(s) in a format acceptable by s4 and
then add them using ldbadd (and possbly sync using ldbmodify later on).
Would it be a worthwhile to add "yet another net cmd" utility to allow
importing stuff from existing LDAP infrastructure (maybe conceptually
simmilar to existing vampire cmd)?

Regards

Luk