[Samba] xp clients can't auth after reboot without smb restart

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 11:44:57 MDT 2010

Which samba version?

Are these XP Pro or XP Home machines.  If XP Pro, have you tried joining
the machine to the domain?

When you map a drive letter to a samba share from XP, are you using
"LocalPC\yourname"  or "Domain\Yourname" when specifying credentials?

Are you mapping the drive with Windows explorer or the "net" command?