[Samba] xp clients can't auth after reboot without smb restart

delpheye delpheye at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 05:45:41 MDT 2010

I currently have several fresh installs of XP that will connect to shares,
but will not reconnect after a workstation reboot.  These are workstations
that are not joined to the domain.  Only accessing shares from a local
profile, but using the same user/pass to login as to connect to Samba.  I
get various errors at that point.

Upon reboot, attempting to access the share generates:

"An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to \\domain-fs\business
Microsoft Windows Network: The specified network name is no longer available
This connection has not been restored."

At which point, attempting to re-map the drive results in an authentication
window, but no correct user/pass is accepted.  If I restart Samba, then the
share is mapped using the workstations login credentials.

Logging is set to 3 now, but I'm not even sure where to look.  For some
reason, restarting the daemon allows authentication to pass from clientA to
Samba, but clientB is able to access the share at the same time(and vice
versa after clientB has been rebooted.)

My smb.conf is here: http://pastebin.ca/1888385

What could be causing this behavior?

Thanks,