[Samba] Samba 4 Cleanup Managing and Otherwise

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 06:35:20 MDT 2010

On 17 June 2010 04:49,  <tms3 at tms3.com> wrote:
> OK, there has got to be a way to work with this thing other than wiping the
> Domain every time an error pops up.
>
> Trying to resolve problems I did a git upgrade and:
>
> setup# /usr/local/samba/sbin/upgradeprovision
>
> Which provided the unhelpful:
>
> Found 3 domain controllers, for the moment upgradeprovision is not able to
> handle upgrade on domain with more than one DC, please demote the other(s)
> DC(s) before upgrading
>
> As I am actually trying to clean up an orphaned DC due to the fact that
> dcpromo fails to remove AD from a windows server I am in even worse shape
> than before the git upgrade.
>
> As I don't have unlimited funds, and the M$ software is outrageously
> expensive, I can't keep blowing Windows servers out and reprovisioning them.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated here.

Maybe running ldapcmp against the samba box and the Windows box will
tell you something.  Also, maybe what you could do is get an LDIF
export of the directory, then add another Samba box to the domain and
get another LDIF export and compare them to see what was added.  Then
you should be able to know exactly what needs to be deleted again
afterwards.

I haven't had a chance to try the above yet, though.

P.S.  I know the upgradeprovision script is being worked on at the
moment, so this might all be fixed soon, but maybe you should mention
it on the samba-technical list.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>