[Samba] Samba 4 Orphaned DC

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 14:42:09 MDT 2010

On 16 June 2010 21:54,  <tms3 at tms3.com> wrote:
> Is there a list of commands for cleaning up orphaned DC's.  I used ntdsutil
> on the Windows boxes no problem.  Used an LDAP gui tool to remove the LDAP
> entries.  Sadly Samba4 is still trying to contact the orphan.  Any guidance
> or manual page would be appreciated.

I was just wondering the same thing earlier.  I used dsa.msc to delete
a Samba4 DC that is no longer running.  It no longer shows up in
dsa.msc, but another Samba4 DC is still trying to contact it.

I still see references to it in private/sam.ldb.d/*, but I'm not sure
what to remove.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>