[Samba] Samba packages for debian squeeze

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Wed Jun 16 09:04:59 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle at debian.org>wrote:

> If they don't fail, actions made in postinst scripts are not
> logged. If they fail, the "apt-get install" or "aptitude install"
> command is expected to fail...
>
> You mention a machine that has 3.4.8 backproted package and no
> alternative.
>
> Can you try to manually run the command I mentioned in my previous
> post (as root, of course)?
>
> Can you also run "dpkg -L samba-common-bin" on that machine?

The update-alternative completed without any errors and the net command is
now successful. Here is the output from dpkg.

/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/samba-common-bin
/usr/share/doc/samba-common-bin/NEWS.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/samba-common-bin/README.build.gz
/usr/share/doc/samba-common-bin/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/samba-common-bin/copyright
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man7
/usr/share/man/man7/samba.7.gz
/usr/share/man/man8
/usr/share/man/man8/net.samba3.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/smbpasswd.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man5
/usr/share/man/man5/smb.conf.5.gz
/usr/share/man/man5/smbpasswd.5.gz
/usr/share/man/man5/lmhosts.5.gz
/usr/share/man/man1
/usr/share/man/man1/testparm.samba3.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/nmblookup.samba3.1.gz
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/smbpasswd
/usr/bin/net.samba3
/usr/bin/testparm.samba3
/usr/bin/nmblookup.samba3

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University