[Samba] Samba packages for debian squeeze

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Tue Jun 15 13:47:12 MDT 2010

Quoting Matthew Delves (m.delves at ballarat.edu.au):
> Hey all,
> I'm trying to hook a debian squeeze server up to a windows active directory domain, though the packages provided with Debian Squeeze don't have the net command. Is there a package available that I can use to install the net command from?

net (indeed /usr/bin/net.samba3, /usr/bin/net being provided through
Debian alternatives system) is included in Debian's samba-common-bin
package. This package is recommended by samba-common, so a standard
Debian install with the "samba" binary package should have it.

If you don't have it installed, this is probably because the "install
Recommends" option of apt ('APT::Install-Recommends "false";' in
/etc/apt/apt.conf)