[Samba] Debian Lenny 3.5.3 packages pam-auth-update

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Wed Jun 9 11:04:23 MDT 2010

Quoting Neil Price (nprice at gibb.co.za):

It is relevant, yes. Mailing pkg-samba-maint at lists.alitoh.debian.org
is also an option. Probably a better one as this is the package
maintainers' address.

Still, I catched your mail anyway.

(what would have been inappropriate is to report this in Debian BTS as
it does not belong to official Debian packages, but you're probably
aware of this)

> Setting up winbind (2:3.5.3~dfsg-1~unoff50+1) ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/winbind.postinst: line 16: pam-auth-update:
> command not found
> dpkg: error processing winbind (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
>  winbind
>
> I presume pam-auth-update is not relevant to Lenny.

Yep.

Your fix is correct.

Indeed, I noticed this problem  (this is the second time these
remainings from Debian squeeze packages slip to the lenny backports,
official or not)....and fixed it in 2:3.5.3~dfsg-1~unoff50+2 packages.

However, as of now, binary packages are compiled only for i386
architecture and I did not compile the amd64 packages. So, I assume
you're using amd64 as architecture. Am I right?

I'll upload amd64 binary packages ASAP to this unofficial repository.

Sorry for the trouble you had with these packages...