[Samba] SAMBA on OpenVMS

Tim Walsh tim.walsh at startrackexpress.com.au
Tue Jun 1 19:46:00 MDT 2010

People,

We are running SAMBA version 1-1 on OpenVMS 8.3-1h on integrity servers,
we want to stop the domain (OpenVMS) from asking for account information
when people try to access a share from another environment. We have the
domain master defined on the server running SAMBA  as NO.

How can we stop the entry screen being displayed and asking for account
login information, plus we have placed no password using pdedit on
account in SAMBA security control file, this did not stop the entry
screen being displayed requesting account name and password for the
fileshare access to the defined samba fileshare.

Regards,

Tim Walsh