[Samba] windows 7 share and smbclient

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Mon Jan 25 04:30:51 MST 2010

In the case it can be useful, this is a debug trace of the session to the
windows 7 share (maybe the final message "SPNEGO login failed: Invalid
parameter" can lead to a solution):

smbclient -d 7 //s28/backupinfook -U backup
INFO: Current debug levels:
  all: True/7
  tdb: False/0
  printdrivers: False/0
  lanman: False/0
  smb: False/0
  rpc_parse: False/0
  rpc_srv: False/0
  rpc_cli: False/0
  passdb: False/0
  sam: False/0
  auth: False/0
  winbind: False/0
  vfs: False/0
  idmap: False/0
  quota: False/0
  acls: False/0
  locking: False/0
  msdfs: False/0
  dmapi: False/0
  registry: False/0
lp_load_ex: refreshing parameters
Initialising global parameters
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file "/etc/samba/smb.conf"
Processing section "[global]"
doing parameter workgroup = WORKGROUP
doing parameter server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
doing parameter dns proxy = no
doing parameter log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
doing parameter max log size = 1000
doing parameter syslog = 0
doing parameter panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
doing parameter encrypt passwords = true
doing parameter passdb backend = tdbsam
doing parameter obey pam restrictions = yes
doing parameter unix password sync = yes
doing parameter passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
doing parameter passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
doing parameter pam password change = yes
doing parameter map to guest = bad user
doing parameter usershare allow guests = yes
pm_process() returned Yes
lp_servicenumber: couldn't find homes
Attempting to register new charset UCS-2LE
Registered charset UCS-2LE
Attempting to register new charset UTF-16LE
Registered charset UTF-16LE
Attempting to register new charset UCS-2BE
Registered charset UCS-2BE
Attempting to register new charset UTF-16BE
Registered charset UTF-16BE
Attempting to register new charset UTF8
Registered charset UTF8
Attempting to register new charset UTF-8
Registered charset UTF-8
Attempting to register new charset ASCII
Registered charset ASCII
Attempting to register new charset 646
Registered charset 646
Attempting to register new charset ISO-8859-1
Registered charset ISO-8859-1
Attempting to register new charset UCS2-HEX
Registered charset UCS2-HEX
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
added interface eth0 ip=fe80::2a0:d1ff:feae:cfa6%eth0
bcast=fe80::ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff%eth0 netmask=ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff::
added interface eth0 ip=192.168.1.201 bcast=192.168.1.255
netmask=255.255.255.0
Netbios name list:-
my_netbios_names[0]="FLUCA-LAPTOP"
Client started (version 3.4.0).
Enter backup's password:
Opening cache file at /var/run/samba/gencache.tdb
tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/gencache.tdb: No
such file or directory
Attempt to open gencache.tdb has failed.
Opening cache file at /var/run/samba/gencache.tdb
tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/gencache.tdb: No
such file or directory
Attempt to open gencache.tdb has failed.
resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name s28<0x20>
startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /etc/samba/lmhosts. Error was No such file
or directory
resolve_wins: Attempting wins lookup for name s28<0x20>
resolve_wins: WINS server resolution selected and no WINS servers listed.
resolve_hosts: Attempting host lookup for name s28<0x20>
resolve_hosts: getaddrinfo failed for name s28 [No address associated with
hostname]
name_resolve_bcast: Attempting broadcast lookup for name s28<0x20>
Socket options:
        SO_KEEPALIVE = 0
        SO_REUSEADDR = 1
        SO_BROADCAST = 1
        Could not test socket option TCP_NODELAY.
        Could not test socket option TCP_KEEPCNT.
        Could not test socket option TCP_KEEPIDLE.
        Could not test socket option TCP_KEEPINTVL.
        IPTOS_LOWDELAY = 0
        IPTOS_THROUGHPUT = 0
        SO_SNDBUF = 129024
        SO_RCVBUF = 129024
        SO_SNDLOWAT = 1
        SO_RCVLOWAT = 1
        SO_SNDTIMEO = 0
        SO_RCVTIMEO = 0
Sending a packet of len 50 to (192.168.1.255) on port 137
Received a packet of len 62 from (192.168.1.241) port 137
nmb packet from 192.168.1.241(137) header: id=4756 opcode=Query(0)
response=Yes
    header: flags: bcast=No rec_avail=No rec_des=Yes trunc=No auth=Yes
    header: rcode=0 qdcount=0 ancount=1 nscount=0 arcount=0
    answers: nmb_name=S28<20> rr_type=32 rr_class=1 ttl=300000
    answers   0 char ......   hex 0000C0A801F1
Got a positive name query response from 192.168.1.241 ( 192.168.1.241 )
tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/unexpected.tdb:
No such file or directory
tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/unexpected.tdb:
No such file or directory
tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/unexpected.tdb:
No such file or directory
Opening cache file at /var/run/samba/gencache.tdb
tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/samba/gencache.tdb: No
such file or directory
Attempt to open gencache.tdb has failed.
Connecting to 192.168.1.241 at port 445
Socket options:
        SO_KEEPALIVE = 0
        SO_REUSEADDR = 0
        SO_BROADCAST = 0
        TCP_NODELAY = 1
        TCP_KEEPCNT = 9
        TCP_KEEPIDLE = 7200
        TCP_KEEPINTVL = 75
        IPTOS_LOWDELAY = 0
        IPTOS_THROUGHPUT = 0
        SO_SNDBUF = 16384
        SO_RCVBUF = 87380
        SO_SNDLOWAT = 1
        SO_RCVLOWAT = 1
        SO_SNDTIMEO = 0
        SO_RCVTIMEO = 0
 session request ok
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=336)
SPNEGO login failed: Invalid parameter
session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0