[Samba] deploy policies for win7 ?

Cain, Marc mcain at sccd.ctc.edu
Fri Feb 26 15:49:32 MST 2010

We deliver Local GPOs by copying from client to server share then back to local System32 folder on logon, applying a "gpupdate /force" after the copy. This works pretty well with both WinXP and Windows 7 for any policies that are applied immediately and that don't require a restart.  Have not yet looked at secpol in Win7 though.