[Samba] deploy policies for win7 ?

peter pilsl pilsl at goldfisch.at
Fri Feb 26 14:43:37 MST 2010

hello,

I skipped Vista and was using WinXP on all clients until now. I deployed my policies using a file ntconfig.pol in the [netlogon]-share, but this does not work with win7 any more.

How do you deploy your policies with Vista or Win7 ?

I use recent samba 3.4.6 and hope there is some way.  Every experience welcome. I think thousands of readers here might have similar problems somehow :)

Even OT-tips are welcome (ie: clone local policies on win7-client to import it on a different machine) if there is no way to do it with samba3. And I dont dare to use samba4 yet ...

thnx,
peter