[Samba] AD 2008 R2 vs. samba 3.4.5

Christoph Beyer christoph.beyer at desy.de
Sun Feb 21 11:41:21 MST 2010

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for the advice will keep that in mind for the near future :) Do you have
any ideas about my other problem (slow printing with AD 2008 R2 - 3.3.10) is
3.5.0rc3 also a 'maybe' solution for that ?

cheers
   christoph

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Jeremy Allison wrote:

>  On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 07:53:00PM +0100, christoph.beyer at desy.de wrote:
> >  Hi there,
> >
> >  I almot exlusively use samba for printing in a semi large scale
> >  (>2.000 windows hosts & >500 printers). I have been running 3.0.20
> >  for a long time and was quite happy with it.
> >
> >  Unfortunately my windows fellows have now updated to AD 2008 R2 and
> >  I experienced some immediate problems with encryptions types so I
> >  updated to 3.4.5 which is not really working for me.
> >
> >  I see a lot of connection rests and also the load is significantly
> >  higher than before, looks a bit like a denial of service attack ;)
> >  Also the shares don't show up constantly in the domain but disappear
> >  from time to time.
> >
> >  My clients are 32bit windowsxp domain members and to make things a
> >  bit more complicated they received a MS security update at the same
> >  time which mainly concerns SMB (MS10-06 SMB Update).
> >
> >  Are there any advices or experiences, I'm really in need ? :(
> >

> >  cheers
> > ~ christoph
> >
> >  PS: Of couse I am also waiting for a samba based solution for
> >  windows 7 64 bit printing ;)
>
>  Please try 3.5.0rc3, which should have working Windows 7 64-bit
>  printing.
>
>  Jeremy.

best regards
 	~ christoph

--
/*   Christoph Beyer     |   Office: Building 2b / 23     *\
   *   DESY                |    Phone: 040-8998-2317        *