[Samba] samba file locking

Janez Kosmrlj postnalista at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:18:42 MST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Janez Kosmrlj
<postnalista at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Ernesto Silva <erniesilva at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Can you try to mount with -o directio? Not sure this will
>>> help, but it might be worth a try.
>>>
>>> Volker
>>>

>> Hi, there is also another parameter similar to directio, I don't know the
>> difference but seems more radical, it's "forcedirectio". I have been using
>> it on linux clients which mounts a samba share or a w2k share.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Ernesto.
>>

> I think we tried -o, but i will check it again. I will also giwe
> forcedirectio a try.
>
> Any other ideas.

It looks like forcedirectio is the right way to go. I tried it with the text
file tests, that i mentioned before and for now it looks OK. All i have to
do now is to test it with real life jar files and java.

I will report to this list as soon as i get any results.