[Samba] Your password expires today problem

Marcelo Terres mhterres at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:26:04 MST 2010

Hi.

I enabled policies with pdbedit. Password must be changed every 90 days and
must contain at least 8 characters. I enabled password history too.

After that (I tried it in samba 3.4.3 and 3.0.25 with same behaviour) every
time a user try to log in the domain using Windows receives a "Your password
expires today. Do you want to change it now ?" message box. If the password
is changed, the message appear again next time the user try to login. If the
user answers no the same thing happens in the next login.

I tested it with a lot of users and changed the passwords several times and
the problem continues.

Anybody have some idea about this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Marcelo H. Terres
mhterres at gmail.com