[Samba] IPv6 name resolution problem

Ernesto Silva erniesilva at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 08:38:20 MST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Ernesto Silva <erniesilva at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find myself always changing this line to remove the [NOTFOUND=return],
>> but I
>> do use dns, not mdns to locate my boxes. Still you might want to try using
>> mdns instead of mdns_minimal.

Well, I believe I found out that the problem is not in the nsswitch.conf
file, it's inside the getaddrinfo() function. There are some bugs getting in
and out of the code the last months, they are reported at glibc bug tracking
system.
I can't put this into production mode with this kind of bug
catching&loosing, so I'm back to private static IPv4 addresses.

I hope that the glibc maintainers fix the bugs soon an definitely.

Thank you all for the tips.

Best regards,
Ernesto Silva.