[Samba] How do I mount a share on my Debian server ?

Gungne Gungneson gungne2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 16:53:26 MST 2010

I'm running a small debian server with 15 users. The server is behid a
firewall on the inside of a large windows network.

I need to access a share on one of the win2003 servers. How do I do this?
I want to mount the win share so that I permanently can access it from the
debain workstations.
On my server I have debain 3.2 running .

Do I have to open ports in my firewall?

I have tried to access the shares from the Debain server, but without any
luck.
My ubuntu laptop connects to the shares with no problems, ( from behind my
firewall)
so I know it is possible to reach and mount the share.

GG