[Samba] winbind: only domains option/patch

Fri Feb 5 12:30:58 MST 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 09:26:20AM -0800, Julian Regel wrote:
> In January 2009 a patch was sent to this list that
> introduced the "winbind: only domains" option to smb.conf
> (http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2009-January/062706.html).
> This provides the inverse of "winbind: ignore domains" and
> the creator of the patch explained that this was more
> useful (to him) that having to explicitly exclude domains.
>
> Can anyone confirm if this patch was accepted, and if so,
> what version of Samba supports winbind: only domains?
>
> If the patch has not been accepted, is there a particular
> reason why not?

Nobody so far has asked loudly enough, that's probably the
only real reason. It's in my inbox now again. I had to do a
similar patch for an ancient Samba version for a customer
recently, but did not get around to put this upstream. So
there seems to be real need for it :-)

Volker