[Samba] windows 7 machine account fails to authenticate against samba PDC

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:15:14 MST 2010

it looks like from the log entries that the samba can't find an account
for the machine.  The machine-  if it is a domain member-   does need to
have an account.  Were you able to join the machine to the domain?  if
so there should be both a samba (windows) account (verify with "pdbedit
-Lv") and a unix account (verify with "getent passwd.")