[Samba] random disconnects from ADS server in domain forest

invitro invitro at o2.pl
Wed Dec 22 03:51:37 MST 2010

Hi,

I am using Samba 3.5.4 under Debian Linux and Windows 2003 Server as ADS/DC controller with domain compatibility level is set to Windows 2000. We have over 100 ADS/DC controllers in the same domain forest and while I try to connect to one of them connection is established successfully but after some random interval Samba lose connection with ADS/DC server and users accounts from domain are inaccessible. If I reestablish the connection it work properly for some time.
Also I noticed that when I'm connected to ADS/DC, after some time IP from LDAP server changes - it is taken from another DC controller in domain forest.

Is there any solution to prevent Samba from changing IP of LDAP server after connection to ADS server is successfully established ?
Does Samba work in multi ADS/DC environment ?

Thanks in advice.

net ads info

LDAP server: 172.29.30.12 # this IP changes after some time
LDAP server name: dc101.domain.local
Realm: DOMAIN.LOCAL
Bind Path: dc=DOMAIN,dc=LOCAL
LDAP port: 389
Server time: xxx, xx xxx xxxx xx:xx:xx CET
KDC server: 172.29.30.12
Server time offset: 10