[Samba] Keeping Windows ACL's when migrating to SAMBA Server

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sat Dec 18 22:19:40 MST 2010

2010/12/19 George <greenadmins at gmail.com>:
> Rightnow i got it half working but am having trouble with part of it. If I
> use robocopy, It copies the files and ACL but not the correct create of
> modify dates
>
> robocopy \\man_fs2\Batteries \\bed-fs1\servers\man_fs2\Batteries /sec /e
>
> If I use xxcopy I can copy all the files with the proper create and modify
> dates but it wont copy the ACL's.
>
> xxcopy \\man_fs2\Batteries \\bed-fs1\servers\man_fs2\Batteries /backup
>
> George

How about "net share migrate" command?

I once tried to examine this command like:

$ net -S oldsrv rpc share migrate all --destination newsrv --acls temp2
migrating: [TEMP2], path: C:\TEMP2, comment: comments, without share-ACLs
syncing    [TEMP2] files and directories including ACLs, without DOS Attributes
migrating: [TEMP2], path: C:\TEMP2, comment: comments, including share-ACLs

Note that you must set "add share command" parameter in the target server.

And "force unknown acl user = yes" may be helpfull.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>