[Samba] OT: permission denied when opening PDF docs with Acrobat Reader X potected mode

Marcus lists at localguru.de
Tue Dec 7 17:26:13 MST 2010

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 08.12.2010, 08:46 +0900 schrieb TAKAHASHI Motonobu:
> > Should I disable "host msdfs" and "msdfs root" to "No"?
>
> I recommend to disable those, unless  you want to explicitly set to "yes".

I don't think I use any dfs features. Therefore I could set "host msdfs"
and "msdfs root" to "No". But I'm just reading through the list and
found a posting from Josh Kelley "msdfs root problems even after a
reboot?" posted on 04th June 2007), where he describes some problems on
client side after changing "host msdfs" and "msdfs root" to "No" even if
the clients were rebooted:

"... We fixed the problem by updating our logon scripts to unmap and
remap drives and by instructing users to remap drives if they
encountered problems."

Just to be sure. My dynamically generated logon script for a user looks
like this:

NET USE h: /DELETE /yes > null
NET USE h: \\server\homes /yes
NET USE i: /DELETE /yes > null
NET USE i: \\server\vol01 /yes

I think this is what he meant by "unmap and remap drives", right?  I'm a
little bit scared because it's a live systems with hundreds of users and
I don't to run into any trouble.

Ciao!