[Samba] Open Excel Word

tunino tunino tuninor at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:55:33 MST 2010

I have
Linux RedHat 5.5.2 and samba 3.0.33 as a fileshare system, i put on samba all
my documents of excel, word, adobe, lotus.

In my PC I
run excel and when start from file,open, network, i can see the RedHat server
then click  on it, just happen a close
the window of the procedure... and do nothig.

I have a
shortcut in my PC to the REDHat Server and samba files, i can see all the
documents but if i try to open one directly (this is double click) on anyone of
them not open just change to the aplication in this case excel or word, and do
nothing just show the next message :

You can't
access to the file \\REDHAT Linux\folder of work\file.xls there could be some
reasons : the name or the path name not exist - other program is using this
file - the book that you're trying to save have the same name that other wich
is open.

I don't have
problem to open Lotus, Adobe, TXT files, directly from samba or from my PC
searching in the network in each aplication.

If i put
the file out of samba i can open it whithout problem.

Thanks for
your attention. (sorry for my english)

Ruben M.