[Samba] How to backup/restore printer settings?

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Wed Dec 1 12:41:46 MST 2010

Look at the tdbbackup utility included with samba.  Although, I had an
incident once (corrupt tdbs) and restoring from this didn't work for me.

I've got a dedicated print server.  Finally resorted to stopping samba
in the middle of the night (when no-one is using it) and backing-up the
entire instance, to ensure a good clean backup.

tdb information is listed here:
http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/install.html#tdbdocs