[Samba] Windows Vista keeps on deleting cached roaming profile

erik bergsma ebergsma1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 06:07:08 MDT 2010

@ Dave: thnx for your pointers but i already tried those (See my first post)
with no luck...

@ All: the problem becomes weirder and weirder:
i have set up a new PDC with the same samba version, (only difference is
that its not clustered, and doesn't have the LDAP back end), and when i
create a profile on that domain, the user profile will stay cached on
c:\users\

however when i join the same machine to the domain that is having the
problems, and create a new profile as well for a new user, the cached user
profile gets deleted again from c:\users\

so to conclude that; the problem is either my CTDB or my LDAP back end,
which make no sense what so ever :(