[Samba] samba 3.4.8 / solaris / unix secondary groups

Reinhard Sojka reinhard.sojka at parlament.gv.at
Mon Aug 23 04:58:38 MDT 2010

hi,

some years ago I had a similar problem with Solaris 9 and Samba 3.0.x.
The reason was some sort of incompatibility between OpenLDAP's libldap
and Sun's libsldap, can't remember the exact details. Anyway the
behavior of Solaris 9 in honoring secondary groups was dependent on the
patch level, and the whole issue was resolved with a patch from Sun.
Are you sure that both servers are on the same patch level? Check
/etc/release and the patches for LDAP on both systems, maybe you can
find a difference that explains this behavior.

kind regards,
Reinhard