[Samba] Strange Win7 message <SOLVED>

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Wed Aug 4 03:27:56 MDT 2010

This error message belongs to the situation, if a user, who has a
username longer than 20 characters, wants to login to Win7

I personally find that a shame that WinXP could have much more than
20 characters in a username and almost silently this has been changed
with Vista SP1 ... beside the very useable error message during the login

regards

martin

Hi!

I don't know if this is Samba related, but I just try - maybe someone
could lead me in the right direction:

I am using Samba 3.5.4 and I just changed all my workstations in my
domain to Windows 7.
On one worksstation it is not possible to log on with one certain user
(all the others a working).
b.t.w. We use openldap as database for samba.

If you logon with that user, the roaming profile is loaded and suddenly
win7 stops with
"The local session manager fails to start" and a message that a cache or
something is to
small for the value. The user login is cancelled ... it does not matter
if i make it to a local stored profile.

Can somebody give me a hint?

regards
martin