[Samba] Winbind 3.5.2 caching issues under SLES11???

Mon Apr 26 03:18:13 MDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:48:19AM +0200, Oliver Weinmann wrote:
> Ok, I have now deleted the netsamlogon_cache.tdb, restarted the samba
> service and logged in as the user. The groups are now no longer shown. I
> tried the same steps again with a different user and the problem is the
> same again. This time it was sufficient to restart the samba service. I
> wonder why on the SLES9 system the change is immediately effective but
> on the SLES11 box I need to restart the winbind service? The configs are
> exactly the same on both machines.

If you can reproduce that after wbinfo -a (or a similar
operation) you get wrong nss information (group memberships
etc), then we have a severe bug that needs fixing.

Please provide us detailed information how to reproduce this
problem.

Ah, please also make sure that you reproduce this without
nscd, that one could also cache things.

Thanks,

Volker