[Samba] PDC migration from suse 8.2 - samba 2.2.7 ldap - to latest versions on ubuntu 8.04

Vladimir Psenicka vladimir.psenicka at prodeco.cz
Thu Apr 8 00:57:09 MDT 2010

1. comments to slapd.conf:

if slapd.conf.destination is on your new server, then you are missing
samba schema in your slapd.conf.destination.

slapd.conf on new server:
include         /etc/ldap/schema/samba.schema

Get samba.schema from your current samba instalation on new server. It
should be in somewhere in: /usr/share/doc/samba-doc/examples/LDAP/

2. comments on error importing ldif:

slapadd-ing.LOG:

slapadd: dn="dc=People,dc=GG-s-Domain,dc=it" (line=26): (64) value of
naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

which is in gg-edited.ldif:

dn: dc=People,dc=GG-s-Domain,dc=it
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: "People"
dc: "People"
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit
entryUUID: 067e823e-5845-1027-9dc5-fa88d05ed16f
creatorsName: cn=Manager,dc=GG-s-Domain,dc=it
createTimestamp: 20030801082225Z
entryCSN: 2003080108:22:25Z#0x0001#0#0000
modifiersName: cn=Manager,dc=GG-s-Domain,dc=it
modifyTimestamp: 20030801082225Z

Can you try delete quotes in ou: "People" and dc: "People" and try to
import ldif again? Or you can try delete objectClass: dcObject and dc:
"People". In our ldap we haven't objectClass: dcObject in dn:
ou=Users,dc=pavouk,dc=cz

my ldif:

dn: ou=Users,dc=pavouk,dc=cz
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Users
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit
entryUUID: 00014016-c3a2-1029-9d4e-9147cb3e97d5
creatorsName: cn=Manager,dc=pavouk,dc=cz
createTimestamp: 20050927125727Z
entryCSN: 20050927125727.000000Z#000001#000#000000
modifiersName: cn=Manager,dc=pavouk,dc=cz
modifyTimestamp: 20050927125727Z

--
Vladimir Psenicka
IT system engineer