[Samba] PDC migration from suse 8.2 - samba 2.2.7 ldap - to latest versions on ubuntu 8.04

GG jojomi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 11:13:29 MDT 2010

So something in the LDIF is correct on the old version and not on the new
one (imported it after restoring the pdc with dd (grrr))

I used webmin to create root DN it prompted and People + Groups,People
(after importing with errors I reset things by stopping ldap and deleting
data with rm -rf /var/lib/ldap/*)

logged is the output just after importing ldif into the new server with the
precedently created root people and groups;

I had qmail linked to ldap on the actual PDC but qmail has been abandoned.
So references to mail folder etc are useless; shall I remove them from ldif
or ignore them?

Giorgio