[Samba] chgrp work-around thingy

Vickie L. Kidder Vickie.Kidder at TABASCO.com
Mon Apr 5 10:59:07 MDT 2010

We have these settings and users can create folders and files with the
ownership
and group as described in your example.

1.  Samba config file has "inherit permissions = yes" in the settings for
the share.
2.  Permissions for the folder are set to:
        # chmod 774 /export/docs
        # chmod g+s /export/docs

        drwxrwsr--      /export/docs

<todd_dsm at ssiresults.com>