[Samba] Samba 3.0.22 - slow performance - Really urgent help

Alan Pek alan.pek at db.com
Thu Apr 1 03:24:26 MDT 2010

Hi Samba world,

Have been struggling with this for the past 10 days, we are running Samba
3.0.22 on VCS zone, we have end users saving files
onto Samba mapped drive, and complained that it 5mins to save 300 files,
now it takes 30 mins.  There is recently a change in the
topology.

Before

        Enduser ----------- samba mapped -------------- server (local
attached storage)
                                                      physical
                                                      Solaris 8
Now

        Enduser-------------samba mapped ------------  server
------------------------------ SFCFS/HA
                                                     virtual VCS NFS
cluster
                                                     Solaris 10

        We have reverted the NFS from version 4 to 3

        Fine tune Samba, wb and rb are at 64k

        Is there in samba log somewhere to tell me why is the bottleneck ?

        If I move the Samba server which is less loaded in Memory
consumption , will it help.
        Is the above degrading expected ?
Regards
Alan