[Samba] Password policy doesn't work (pdbedit)

Radek mamgdzies at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 03:30:31 MDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using samba 3.0.24 and Debian 4.0. As a password backend I use
smbpasswd.

I set password policy: Length - 8 signs, Password history - 3, password
complexity - script, maximum password age - 30 days

The "password length" and complexity works, but "password history" and
"maximum password age" doesn't.

I tried do the same on test machine (samba 3.2.5) and it works fine (users
and settings I took from my working Samba 3.0.24) .

What can I do about that? What should I check? Any ideas?

Pdbedit shows correct settings but the "password must change time" is 19 jan
2038 04:14:07 CET

Thanks and regards

Radek Bojek