[Samba] Question regarding access to shares from LOCAL administrator account

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Wed Sep 2 21:26:08 MDT 2009

Hi.

How do I give access to shares from the LOCAL administrator account to a share(s) on the samba server?
(workstation is domain member, without the need to specify a password).

-------------------------- smb.conf
  domain logons = Yes
  os level = 200
  domain master = Yes
  security = user

I have read chapters 12,13,15 but there seems to be no way I can put the
"local administrator" into /etc/group nor mapping it via "net groupmap".
I can do it the other way around i.e. mapping a local group to a group
on the server, but for one share only I need to have access for the local
administrator to the share on the server.

Jobst

--
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head!