[Samba] Windows 7

Chris Hall chris.hall at halldom.com
Fri Oct 30 10:26:16 MDT 2009

>> Attempts to logon afterwards were met with an error about not being able to
>> establish a trust relationship with the server.

>Currently, there are some issues concerning trust relationships with
>Windows 2008 (R2) servers. Some of these are fixed in Samba 3.3.9 and will
>be fixed in Samba 3.4.3 (scheduled for Thursday). Maybe you would like to
>retest with Samba 3.4.3...

Trying to attach new machine running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Compiled and installed 3.4.3 on Fedora 11 -- updating previously working
configuration.

Set the:

  HKLM\System\CCS\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
       DWORD  DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
       DWORD  DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0

And, just to make sure, left and rejoined the Domain.

Trust relationship with server broken down.  I can browse the network,
see and use attached shares...  I cannot add domain users to the new,
Windows 7 machine :-(

Chris
--
Chris Hall