[Samba] Windows 7 pro cannot see samba 3.4.0 PDC

Sebastien Astie sastie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 08:18:56 MDT 2009

Hi,
I am using fedora 12 with samba 3.4.0. I set it up as my PDC along
with LDAP. The domain can be joined by an machine tha uses windows
vista ultimate or xp pro. I recently upgraded one vista machine to
windows 7(final).
I updated the 2 entries in the registry as defined on the samba
windows 7 wiki entry. After rebooting many times windows 7 can't still
see the domain. I can of course see the pdc machine or access its
shares but cannot join the domain. I am using windows 7 professional
upgrade. Anybody having the same issue?

Thanks