[Samba] Windows does not ask for login details after first successful login

sanjith techsanjith at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:55:56 MDT 2009

Hi All,
I have installed Samba on RHEL and am able to access the shared folder from
windows xp clients. However there seems to be a slight problem that I am
facing.

My XP box does not ask me for login credentials after the first time that I
successfully login to my samba share. In other words, if one user has
already logged in to the share from one xp box, performed his required
operation and closed the window, then when another user tries to access the
share from the same xp box, it does not ask him for any login credentials
and directly opens up the folder of the previous user.

This can be avoided only if I restart my system and start fresh.

So, I feel there is some setting in the XP box that needs to be changed so
that multiple users can login from the same xp box one after the other after
succcessfully giving their userids and passwords.

Hope I've made it clear.

So could someone tell me what needs to be tweaked from xp end so that I can
enable multiple logon from the same system (XP).

Awaiting replies.

With Regards
Sanjith