[Samba] Old application very slow

Koenraad Lelong samba.k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Thu Oct 22 07:51:39 MDT 2009

Koenraad Lelong schreef:
> Johan Hendriks schreef:
>>
>> A long shot,     interfaces = 192.168.0.0/20, lo
>>     bind interfaces only = Yes
>>
>> try to set interfaces to just the interface name and the ipadres.
>> Maybe it is a network problem.
> Hi,
> Thanks for your suggestions, but it didn't help.
>
> I'm setting up another samba-server to test.
> In the mean time I tried the application on a linux-box with dosemu (it
> is a DOS application). The linux-box is connected to the samba-server
> with samba client-software.
> Guess what : it's running like it should : very responsive.
>
> What's this telling me ?

Hi,

I was looking at the samba-status with swat. When I run the application
with dosemu (i.e. fast respone), the database-files are opened with an
exclusive oplock. When I run the app in Windows, there is no (none)
oplock. Does this ring any bells ?

P.S. is it possible there's a bug in swat ? The headers of Open Files
are not all OK, and the user-id is not "reverse resolved". Or is it
Webmin that does this ?

Regards,
Koenraad Lelong.