[Samba] Old application very slow

Koenraad Lelong samba.k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Thu Oct 22 08:27:52 MDT 2009

Koenraad Lelong schreef:

>> Hi,
>> Thanks for your suggestions, but it didn't help.
>>
>> I'm setting up another samba-server to test.
>> In the mean time I tried the application on a linux-box with dosemu
>> (it is a DOS application). The linux-box is connected to the
>> samba-server with samba client-software.
>> Guess what : it's running like it should : very responsive.
>>
>> What's this telling me ?

Hi,

I think I have a (temporary ?) solution : if I enable "fake oplocks" the
application works fast. Since I was thinking of giving that application
and it's database-files it's own share I think it will work.
I don't like to give the other shares those fake oplocks.

Comments ?

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.