[Samba] Linux 2.6.31, samba server no longer working

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Fri Oct 16 22:39:54 MDT 2009

I wonder if this is similar to what I was seeing with 3.4.2 today. Are you
bound to AD or is it stand alone? I kept seeing a permission denied message
in the log files when trying to access the Kerberos keytab file. I coughed
it up to backporting 3.4.2 to Debian Lenny and there was a problem with
using krb5 1.6 instead of 1.7. I didn't feel like backporting Kerberos too
to test that threory, I need to get these machines up, so I just installed
my patched version of 3.2.5.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University